Drum Iris Technology™
De Dietrich Process Systems offers the Patented Technology DIT – Drum Iris Technology, which is an innovative and easy-to-use solution for a fast connection. DIT is the perfect alternative to the common docking methods based on bag in-bag out or inflatable gaskets and provides higher easiness of use and compatibility with all diameter drums.
The DIT- Drum Iris Technology is based on a double iris valve interface, with full diameter opening and closing ends by means of an elastomeric diaphragm (IRIS).
The docking process consists in opening the external iris valve and then introducing the drum until it touches the internal iris still closed. After closing the external valve on the container body, the internal valve is opened to introduce the top of the drum.
By this time, both iris valves can be squeezed on the drum body to seal the system to very low OEB 5 band containment values.
The double elastic barrier allows to minimize the contact surface of the drum with the inner potentially contaminated atmosphere. The docking operations can be fully automatic without introducing the need of any kind of consumables.
Furthermore, a negative or positive pressure difference (pressure cascade) between the double iris pass box and the adjacent environments is easy to achieve and maintain during all operations.
- Wide opening up to 700 mm
- Great versatility with multiple diameters drums docking
- Easy cleaning and maintenance
- Single use elastomers version
- External body of the drum not in contact with the process
- Fully automated or manual docking system
- The elastomers of the Iris Valves can be produced with a wide range of materials, both conductive and non-conductive. The most commonly used material are EPDM, Silicone, FKM and for single use fast assembly version PU or LDPE..